HEAD OF SALES / ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Posted April 17th, 2018
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Sector:||Sports and Entertainment, Software|
|Function:||Business Development & Sales|
We are looking for a talented, results-driven and motivated sales professional to support our fast-growing sales and business development operations, helping to expand our client portfolio in one of the most exciting and rapidly growing industries around.
The Head of Sales / Account Executive will manage sales and business development activities, with a focus on driving revenue with Uplause platform and engagement solutions. This role will develop sales revenue from new clients as well as maximize revenue from existing sports club and brand clients.
Uplause is the recognized industry leader for interactive fan engagement and sponsorship activation, trusted by major professional leagues, teams, rights holders and entertainment brands around the world.
- Prepare and present accurate and comprehensive sales pitches/presentations and establish close business relationships with all levels of clients. Understand customer needs, and develop solutions to those needs
- Selling of Digital, Branded Content and Social advertising: responsible for creating innovative sponsorship and advertising packages, develop accounts from existing linear business to digital, specifically branded content, business.
- Negotiating and closing licence and content agreements with senior decision makers within our target client organisations.
- Leveraging reporting tools, providing accurate perspective of current pipeline and overall activity levels that exceeds promised deliverables.
- Conducting the full range of business development activities to support your objectives from telephone and desk research, to networking at events, through to contributing to proposals and campaigns.
- Manage agency & client relationships through day-to-day contact. Own, manage and develop relationships with clients, agencies, and advertisers
- Close liaison with internal stakeholders, namely our marketing, customer operations and R&D
Experience and Competences
- 3-5 years of similar experience, ideally in a sports club, an ad agency, media agency or with a major brand in a similar capacity
- Proven track record of selling to C-level
- Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines and revenue goals
- Ability to work effectively with others in the entire sales organization
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to sell digital and multi-platform engagement solutions
- Keen understanding of branded content sales monetization, creative, and execution process
- Exceptional writing, communication, negotiation and presentation skills are a must-have
- Strong leadership and organizational skills; experience in people management desirable
- Detailed-oriented; trustworthy with confidential and sensitive information
- Competence to analyze numerical data
- Ability to understand brand and marketing objectives
- A passion for sports is a plus
- Bachelor and/or Master's Degree in a relevant field
- Extensive knowledge of sports marketing and digital advertising sales processes
- Excellent interpersonal and client relation skills, strength in prospecting, generating proposals and closing the sale
- Self-motivated, driven and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong computer skills with experience in Internet and Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint and Excel
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send your application to Ken Yaffe (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Veli Marin (email@example.com)
We’re looking for a developer with the drive and flexibility to work with and learn about a wide variety of software technologies.
Our main product line, Uplause Entertainment System, is centered around fan engagement, entertainment and data gathering products for major live events. Uplause was established 2009 and has built since a strong global client base in over 20 countries. Clients we work with include biggest sports teams and organizations in the world such as Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco 49ers from NFL, New York Rangers and Montreal Canadiens from NHL and other live events such as world’s biggest music festival Rock in Rio.
As a member of our development team, your tasks will involve the development of the web backend used to power our products. Our backend is composed of various services based on NodeJS, MongoDB and PostgreSQL and is responsible for storing and distributing our products to clients as well as handling the related data storage and data analysis.
We expect from you:
- Ability and interest to learn and move between technologies and platforms
- Passion for excellence
- Team-work and communication skills
- Academical, professional or versatile hobbyist background in programming
- Experience in server infrastructure and backend development (NodeJS preferred, but not mandatory)
- Fluent English
We offer to you:
- Full-time job in Helsinki
- Youthful, international and versatile working environment with plenty of room to grow as a developer
- Challenging tasks and projects that are set for biggest live events in the world
- Super talented team who will support your growth into a best-in-class developer and colleague
- 24/7 Healthcare
- Weekly breakfast and other healthy activities
- Cozy office in Kamppi, downtown Helsinki
Send your application together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible since the position will be filled when we find the right person.